Santa Clara County Issues Evacuation Warning to Areas of Hwy 101 and Bolsa Road
Heavy Rains, Strong Winds, Flooding, Falling Trees, Power Outages, and Shallow Mudslides Are All Possible Dangers
The prolonged stretch of winter storms has brought heavy rain and high winds to the region. These unusual rain levels have created impacts that include soils near or at their saturation point; creeks, streams, and rivers reaching or exceeding flood stage; and low-lying areas experiencing flooding, including road crossings. There is also an increased risk of rocks and sediments dislodging from the hillsides. Driving will be challenging during periods of gusty winds, especially for high-profile vehicles, including emergency response vehicles.
AREAS UNDER EVACUATION WARNING INCLUDE:
- South of Hwy 152, East of Hwy 101.
- South of Pacheco Pass (Hwy 152) and East of Hwy 101.
- South of Luchessa Ave. and East of Thomas Rd.
- East of Santa Teresa Blvd. to Castro Valley Rd.
- North of Castro Valley Rd. to Luchessa Ave.
- North of Hwy 25 between Hwy 101 & Bloomfield Rd.
- West of Bloomfield Ave. between Hwy 25 & Pacheco Pass (Hwy 152)
- East of Hwy 101 to Pacheco Pass (Hwy 152)