2020 NCLF- Combating Islamophobia
Anti-Muslim bigotry and racism including institutional and individual prejudice against American Muslims, a majority of whom are of Asian descent, have been steadily on the rise in the United States affecting millions of individuals and families.
Muslim Education Trust’s (MET) Islamophobia workshop gives organizations and individuals knowledge, tools, and strategies to address and combat Islamophobia and anti-Muslim prejudice at the societal, organizational, and personal level.
The workshop helps individuals and/or organizations answer these key questions:
- What is Islamophobia and what are its root causes?
- What are the current data and statistics regarding Islamophobia and related bias and hate crimes?
- How can I recognize overt forms of Islamophobia as well as micro-aggressions?
- How is Islamophobia negatively impacting the lives of American Muslims, and in what ways can I combat it?
- How can I/my organization be an ally to Muslims, and create healthy, safe environments free of Islamophobia?