AI, Innovation & A Real Solution for Battling Fake News
Former Technology Advisor to President Clinton. CEO and CoFounder of Oigetit Fake News Filter
Franklin knows what consumers want before they want it, and recognizes it before most people do. Most recently, Franklin introduced the “World’s First” Fake News Filter mobile app, OIGETIT (Oh, I Get It), to help fight the global epidemic of fake news.
OIGETIT is Franklin’s 3rd start-up company, and once again, he is introducing another innovative Internet start-up to consumer all over the world, including the U.S., China, India, and the Middle East. OIGETIT uses its advanced Artificial Intelligence technology to provide mobile phone users with the power “to instantly determine if the news they are reading is “Real or Fake” by using OIGETIT’s “Fake News Filter.”
As one of the few Americans in modern history, Franklin had the distinct privilege of working for 2 U.S. Presidents: Bill Clinton & Barack Obama.
Franklin served 5 years at the White House during President Clinton’s Administration, working for the Deputy Chief to the President, and serving as a member of the prestigious White House Technology Working Group. During his time as a White House Innovation Advisor, Franklin worked on producing and supporting National Technology Programs for the United States, and launched one of the first Internet Demo Days
at the White House.
Throughout the world, Franklin is considered one of the foremost technology pioneers that helped to launch a number of famous startup companies, including world famous online dating sites such as JDate (Jewish Dating) and ChristianMingle.
Five years after launching his online-dating startup, MatchNet, it became the 2nd largest online dating company in the world with a market cap over $400 Million. MatchNet was eventually sold to a group of Wall Street investors.
Franklin also helped to launch Sierra Scientific Instruments which produced a revolutionary motility catheter, allowing doctors to detect the functionality of the esophagus in real-time. The company was acquired by a subsidiary of the global medical device company, Medtronic.
In August 2018, Franklin delivered the Opening Keynote Speech at Stanford University’s prestigious “Sino-US Economist Fintech Innovation Forum.” The Forum was attended by some of the most famous economists, venture capitalists, and global entrepreneurs.
In 2012, Franklin had the distinct privilege of serving a 2nd U.S. President, Barack Obama, by working in his presidential re-election campaign. As a Senior Campaign Aide, Franklin managed 6 campaign offices, 17 senior staff, and a team of 1,500 campaign workers in Virginia. Thereafter, Franklin realized that none of the popular news websites provided a fake news filter about any topic or subject. So as a result, Franklin spent the next several years developing a highly sophisticated artificial intelligence powered Fake News Filter to all mobile phone users worldwide. Thus, his third start-up company, OIGETIT Fake News Filter, was born.
Aside from his White House and business work, Franklin has been actively involved in public service for the past 20 years. He has served on the Board of Directors of over 10 organizations, and as a Global Innovation Advisor to Silicon Valley’s leading Tech Accelerators including BootUp Ventures, TechCode Accelerator, and Plug and Play Tech Center.
Franklin has also served on the Board of Directors of two major medical centers in Los Angeles: St. Vincent’s Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital. He also serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Advisors at the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy & Public Administration at the George Washington University in Washington, DC.
Franklin is often invited to deliver Keynote Speeches about innovation at conferences throughout the United States, Korea, and China, and has been an Honored VIP Speaker at Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, The George Washington University, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School, and USC’s Marshall Business School.
In December 2017, Franklin was awarded the prestigious “Innovation Pioneer of the Year Award” by the ECI Innovation Festival. Franklin also delivered the main Keynote Speech at the ECI Innovation Festival to an audience of more than 2,000 people.
As a global Keynote Speaker, Franklin has spoken on topics including: Artificial Intelligence, the Sharing Economy, the Unicorn Companies Phenomenon, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, Fintech, Technology & Innovation, Mobile Technologies, and U.S. Innovation versus China Innovation.
Franklin graduated with Highest Honors, receiving a Masters degree in Executive, Legislative & Regulatory Management from Business School at The George Washington University. He also holds a B.S. degree in Industrial Technology & Engineering.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & BOARD OF ADVISORS PARTICIPATION
U.S. Presidential Rank Award Review Board, Washington, DC
● Board Member, 2010 – 2016
● Served as Judge for U.S. President Barack Obama, rating U.S. Federal Government’s top federal executives for the prestigious Presidential Meritorious Rank Award
Wingz – A Ride-Sharing Company, San Francisco, CA (3rd largest ride-sharing company in the US – competitor to Uber and Lyft)
● Member of the Board of Directors, 2017 – present
● Serve as advisor to founders, assisting with strategic partnerships
BootUp Ventures, Menlo Park, CA (Silicon Valley Technology Accelerator)
● Member of Mentoring Committee, 2015 – present
● Senior Advisor to Founders, 2015 – present
● Serve as advisor to founders of incubator, and mentor to 50 start-up companies, assisting with strategic partnerships & business development
Business Technology Center, L.A. (largest technology accelerator in US)
● Member of Mentoring Committee, 2002 – 2014
● Member of Entrance Committee, 2009 – 2014
● Served as mentor to 20 start-up companies, assisting with strategic partnerships & business development
St. Vincent Medical Center Foundation, Los Angeles, CA
● Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, 2008 – 2014
● Member of the Board of Directors, 2004 – 2014
● Strategic Planning Committee Member, 2007 – 2014
Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
● Member of the President’s Advisory Board, 2010 – 2014
MatchNet, PLC (AMEX:LOV)
● Founding Member, Board of Directors, 2000 – 2005
● Startup that became 2nd largest online dating company worldwide, owning 18 online dating websites including J-Date , and Christian Mingle )
● Provided business development strategies to help grow company from startup to global leader – went public in 2004
Sierra Scientific, Inc. (privately-held medical device company – Motility Catheter)
● Member of the Board of Directors, 2002 – 2007 Served as a founding director of this startup, providing business development strategies to deploy its revolutionary motility catheter – was acquired in 2010.
Medical Tactile, Inc. (PreMammogram.com – privately held medical device company)
● Founding Member, Board of Directors, 2001 – 2014
● Provide business development strategies to globally deploy its FDA-approved early detection device for breast cancer
The George Washington University, Washington, DC
● Member of the Board of Advisors, Trachtenberg School of Public Administration and Public Policy, 2008 – present
● Sr. Member of Executive Committee of the Board, 2014 – present
Association for the Recovery of Children
● Member of the Advisory Board, 2005 – 2015
● ARC is comprised of former U.S. intelligence officials (CIA, NSA, etc.) who are dedicated to the recovery of missing and exploited children worldwide.